Mustafa Saeed (b.1989) is a Somali born artist and based in Hargeisa, Somaliland. His work explores different mediums including Documentary photography, graphics and sound.
Mustafa’s work marries poetic symbolism with socio-political critique to explore issues of war, conflict and environment. He is the Curator of Everyday Horn of Africa and Contributor to Everyday Africa.
Awards & Fellowships
· 2019 - MARA'INA, group exhibition at ITHRA CENTER , Dhahran.
· 2019 - Since Yesterday, group exhibition by SOOMAAL Art House, Minneapolis.
· 2019 - The Anarchist Citizenship, a project initiated by Amal Alhaag & Nadine Stijns, at Framer Framed in Amsterdam
· 2018 - UNSEEN Photo Fair with gallery LhGWR, Amsterdam
· 2017 - Cornered Energies, Hargeisa
· 2017 - (UTOCORPIS Les Corps Utopiques) video installation. A Touring Exhibition
· 2016 - Joburg Art Fair, Johannesburg
· 2015 - Lumieres d’Afriques, Paris, Touring Exhibition
· 2015 - Just Another Photo Festival, Delhi
· 2014 - AddisFotoFest. Addis Ababa
· 2013 - Pop Up Addis, Addis Ababa
· 2013 - Hargeisa and Me, Hargeisa
· 2012 - Sirta Tahriibta. Hargeisa